Tell the City Council to take this critical step to protect vulnerable road users!
The Vision Zero Action Plan will guide the city’s efforts towards eliminating traffic fatalities and serious injuries by 2030, and we need your help to ensure the City Council approves the plan.
Click here to support the Vision Zero Action Plan!
Vision Zero is the idea that traffic violence (crashes, injuries, fatalities, etc.) requires a systemic response to be effectively addressed. Thanks to everyday advocates like you, the City Council adopted a resolution endorsing the concept of Vision Zero and establishing a task force to inform City Hall’s development of the action plan.
In addition to the Action Plan, the city has already been working on a number of low-hanging fruit to improve safety on our streets. This includes:
- Intersection improvements at six high-crash locations,
- Traffic signal upgrades at 50 locations throughout the city to improve pedestrian safety,
- A buildout of 30 miles of protected bike lanes,
- And more!
The City Council needs to adopt the action plan for two key reasons. First, adopting the plan gives clear guidance to city staff on how to improve traffic safety throughout the city. Second, the action plan will allow the city to pursue new grant opportunities created by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
We need your help to ensure the City Council takes this crucial step! Here’s what you can do:
- Send a message to your councilmembers encouraging them to vote for the Vision Zero Action Plan,
- Join us at City Hall on Wednesday, August 10th at 9 am to provide public testimony for the plan (email email@example.com for more details).
City Hall has already endorsed Vision Zero as a concept, but we need your help to make that idea a reality for people in KCMO. Advocates like you are the reason we’ve come this far, and advocates like you are how we will continue to move forward on this important issue.