Power the Movement: Become a BikeWalkKC Member!
BikeWalkKC members help advocate for public spaces that make walking and biking easy and safe choices for everyone. Join the movement to get more people of all ages and backgrounds walking, running, riding, and rolling in our region!
As a member, you will receive:
- Monthly BikeWalkKC newsletters
- Discounts on BikeWalkKC classes and events
- Invitations to member-only events and programs
- Cool stickers!
Choose one of the giving options below and become a BikeWalkKC member today!
- Write a check payable to BikeWalkKC and Mail it to: BikeWalkKC, Attn: Membership, 1106 East 30th Street, Suite G, Kansas City MO 64109.
- Call Membership at 816.205.7056 ext. 20
Other Ways to Give
- If you participate in the United Way Workplace Giving Campaign, you can direct any portion of your United Way gift to BikeWalkKC. Here’s how.
- If you have a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) at a local community foundation or financial institution, you can direct a gift from your DAF to BikeWalkKC.
- Ask your manager or HR officer if your company has an employee matching gift program. Many employers will match your gift 1:1! More info here.
- Shop at Amazon Smile! When you shop at Amazon Smile, Amazon donates a portion of their profits to BikeWalkKC – at no extra cost to you!
Gift Memberships for Family and Friends!
Do you know someone who is passionate about sustainability and active transportation? Instead of driving a car, would they rather walk, ride, run, roll, or take public transit to get where they need to go? Why not give that person a BikeWalkKC GIFT MEMBERSHIP! They will enjoy all of the benefits described above.
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please consult your tax professional for details. BikeWalkKC’s tax identification number is 45-3832438.
Invest in making Greater Kansas City a dynamic place to live, work, and play. Business members not only get great recognition, but also professional support for becoming a more bike-friendly business and employer.
Get a Bike Rack
We've teamed up with Dero to help Kansas City, Missouri companies and communities meet the growing demand for bike parking. BikeWalkKC will help customers navigate Kansas City’s bike parking standards and permits, recommend quality bike racks to best meet their needs, and offer free site-visits. Installation is also available for an additional fee. BikeWalkKC can even help with customized bike parking designs.
BikeWalkKC has a proven track record of achieving measurable impact on the community through public policy, advocacy, research, and programming. Major funders include:
- Health Forward Foundation
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
- The H & R Block Foundation
- Missouri Bank
- Tiehen Realty
- Shook, Hardy, and Bacon
- Van Trust Real Estate
- Rainen Companies
- Brace Charitable Trust, Bank of America NA
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
- Menorah Legacy Foundation
- Kathryn E. and Edward G. Mader Foundation
- Oppenstein Brothers Foundation
- Hallmark Corporate Foundation
- Missouri Department of Transportation
- Kansas Department of Transportation
- City of Kansas City, MO
- City of North Kansas City, MO
- Unified Government of Kansas City, KS and Wyandotte County
- Johnson County Department of Health and Environment
- AARP Missouri