BikeWalkKC is a Missouri nonprofit corporation and is designated by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Memberships and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. RideKC Bike (formerly Kansas City BCycle), our bike share program, is organized as a subsidiary corporation called Bike Share KC and its financial information is included here. If you have any questions about our nonprofit status, finances, or insurance, please contact us or stop by our office in Beacon Hill.
- 2019 Annual Report
- 2018 At-a-Glance | 2018 Year in Review
- 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011
Audited Financial Statements
- 2019 Audit (BikeWalkKC and Bike Share KC combined)
Previous audits are available to funders and contract holders upon request.
Tax Returns - IRS Form 990
- BikeWalkKC: 2019 Form 990
2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013
- Bike Share KC, d.b.a. RideKC Bike: 2019 Form 990
2018 |2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012
Identification numbers and codes
- Federal Tax ID: 45-3832438
- NAICS Code: 813410 (Civic and Social Organizations)
- SIC Code: 8641 (Civic and Social Associations)
- DUNS number: 078613573
- Cage Code: 7GC41
Political Activities and Lobbying
Advocacy is at the core of BikeWalkKC's mission, which includes lobbying for public policy, legislation, and ballot questions. As a 501(c)3 charitable organization we do not engage in political activities in support or opposition of individual candidates for elected office, which means we do not make endorsements nor do we make monetary or other contributions to any candidate committee.