Board of Directors
BikeWalkKC is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. They come from a diverse range of backgrounds and contribute greatly to BikeWalkKC’s success.
Amanda Grimes, Co-Chair
Teaching Assistant Professor at University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Nursing and Health Studies
Lesley Pories, Co-Chair
Sector Strategy Manager at Water.org
John Jespersen, Treasurer
Financial Planner and Wealth Advisor at Metcalf Partners
Paul Martin, Secretary
Director of Engineering at A. Zahner Co.
- Lawrence Andre, The Why Inside
- Ruth Anne French-Hodson, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, L.L.P.
- Molly Gosnell, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Ashley Hand, CityFi
- Jake Jacobson, Children’s Mercy Kansas City
- Malenda Shahane, UMB Bank
- Eric Rogers, Executive Director, BikeWalkKC
BikeWalkKC’s board and staff are supported by a new Advisory Council that convenes former board members, community leaders, and important stakeholders. The Advisory Council provides additional leadership to the organization and helps us ensure our diverse constituencies and stakeholders are represented in our governance and strategic planning.
- Ryan Adams, CityScape Residential
- Tyler Henson, JE Dunn
- Randy Lopez, Wyandotte Health Foundation
- Andy Olson, Hallmark Cards
- Steve Rhoades, Vireo
- Barbara Thomas, American Jazz Museum
- Rick Usher, Kansas City, MO City Manager’s Office
- Dan Walsh, Spokes Cafe & Cyclery
About Board Service
The board meets six times a year and via phone or email as needed. All members are expected to maintain current memberships in BikeWalkKC and RideKC Bike, volunteer for at least one major event, and be an ambassador for the organization in the community.
Board terms last for two years. Elections are held in June, with half of the board seats elected each year. Board members may serve a maximum of three consecutive terms, and there is no limit on the cumulative number of terms served.
Join the Board
If you are interested in board service with BikeWalkKC, please contact email@example.com for more information.