In-person and virtual opportunities to learn about coming safety improvements at high injury intersections, give your input, and support the Vision Zero program’s goal to eliminate traffic deaths and serious injuries.
Vision Zero Intersection Improvements Open House:
- 🏢 In-person: Tuesday March 29, 2022, 4-6:00 PM
- East Village Transit Center, 700 E 12th St. KCMO
- 💻 Virtual: Wednesday March 30, 2022, 12-1:00 PM
- Join via Microsoft Teams on your computer or mobile device: bit.ly/3Kubk1W
- Or join by phone: 1-872-212-5076, Phone Conference ID: 196 819 602#
❗️Take City Hall’s Vision Zero survey to provide input about traffic safety in your neighborhood.
In May 2020, KCMO City Council passed the Vision Zero resolution to eliminate traffic fatalities and serious injuries on our streets by 2030, while increasing safe, healthy, equitable mobility for everyone.
Goals for Vision Zero KC
- Create safer streets for everyone, in all neighborhoods
- Eliminate traffic fatalities and serious injuries by 2030
- Implement low-cost, high-impact pilot projects right off the bat to evaluate outcomes and gather feedback
- Develop a multi-year, comprehensive Vision Zero Action Plan to integrate Vision Zero practices into every aspect of planning, design and engineering
Community engagement is a major component of making Vision Zero successful. Resident feedback will be one of many inputs the Vision Zero team uses to inform project lists every year.