Local researchers looking for youth and/or adults to help gather important data about conditions around bus stops and earn $200 or more this fall. Work with BikeWalkKC’s research partners at UMKC, Children’s Mercy, and RideKC.
Local researchers are looking for 25 community members to participate in “walk audits” to assess the environment around bus stops. After completing two training sessions you can do the work on your own, earning up to almost $270.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Attend 2 in-person training meetings at BikeWalkKC (30th and Troost) during September 2023
- Complete a series of walk audits (checklists) on your own
- Help uncover how aspects of the environment can serve as barriers or facilitators to riding the city bus (RideKC)
- (Optional) Help publish an evaluation report with support from our project team
- (Optional) Present your report to public officials and other community residents
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Youth (14-17 years old) and adults who live in or near one of the following KCMO zip codes:
64106, 64109, 64110, 64120, 64123, 64124, 64127, 64128, 64129, 64130, 64132
- $50 for attending the first meeting
- $40 for attending meeting 2 and 3 (all meetings will take approx. 1.5-hours) $25 per walk audit route (each route will take approx. 1 hour to complete)
- A commitment of at least 10 hours is preferred (equating to $267.50 in compensation)