- This event has passed.
Prospect Ave. bridge over I-70 public meeting
March 29 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
MoDOT Kansas City will be hosting a public information meeting regarding this project from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 29 in the conference room at the KCMO Police East Patrol Campus located at 2640 Prospect Ave. in Kansas City, MO.
Please note that NO formal presentations will be made. The public can attend the meeting any point between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. and will be able to learn about the project, leave comments, and ask questions.
MoDOT Kansas City will be replacing the Prospect Ave. Bridge over Interstate 70. This bridge is considered in poor condition and is nearing the end of its service life. This project will also include improvements to the interchange ramps and 14th Street. Additionally, this project will honor the commitments of the Second Tier I-70 Environmental Impact Statement.
- Replace bridge in an economical manner while increasing vertical clearance over I-70.
- Maintain traffic flow on I-70 and viable detour routes of Prospect during construction.
- Coordinate with the future I-70 Corridor project.
- Minimize ROW impacts.
- Improve safety and operations of Prospect with I-70 and local roads.
- Accommodate KCMO long-term corridor plans and KCATA Prospect MAX route.
- Incorporate pedestrian and non-motorized user facilities.
- Communicate with local community and obtain stakeholder support for project.
Ericka Ross, MoDOT Area Engineer
Allan Ludiker, Project Manager
MoDOT Customer Service Line: 1-888-275-6636
** Denotes events organized by third parties and/or community members. BikeWalkKC provides this a service to the community and is not responsible for these events.