- This event has passed.
Mobile Workshop: Suburban transportation bicycling
April 9, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Bicycling is a fun way to incorporate a bit of exercise into your day and a bit of green into your commute! Join us for a zero-emissions trip to Johnson County Community College on trails and city streets.
As we ride we will take note of policies, infrastructure, and strategies make it easier and safer to ride a bike for transportation in a suburban setting. At our destination, we will circle up with Tresa Carter and Michael Kelley of BikeWalkKC, and Brian Shields and Bryan Toben of Overland Park to talk about Overland Park's swift roll out of the 2016 Bicycle Master Plan Update.
What you can expect:
- Space is limited and registration is required. This will be a small group for both the ride and the discussion time
- Meet at Indian Valley Park.
- Bring your own bike, helmet, sunscreen, and water bottle
- BikeWalkKC staff will lead a safety discussion before we start the ride
- Beginners welcome!
- We will encounter hills, gravel paths, paved trails, sidewalks, and some riding on streets with car traffic. Preview the route here: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/93174055
- The ride will be about 4.25 miles, and we're allowing at least 45 minutes of ride time and 30-45 minutes of discussion at JCCC
This event is not part of the KC Regional Climate Action Summit, but we are ending at the site and just before it begins-- we invite you to register for the Summit and continue your day of learning and collaboration!
** Denotes events organized by third parties and/or community members. BikeWalkKC provides this a service to the community and is not responsible for these events.