- This event has passed.
KCMO Bike Network Public Meeting 2
April 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Last summer KCMO Public Works set a goal of implementing 30 miles of protected bike facilities by the end of 2022. Facilities set for construction by the end of the year are shown on the map below. Additionally, staff has developed a five-year conceptual bike facility network. Goals for the two projects - titled "Year One" and "Five Year" in the map - are to create a connected network that will allow riders of all ages and abilities to safely access nearly the entire city.
Some of the major routes included in the plan are:
- Grand Boulevard through Downtown
- Oak Street, extending the Gillham/Oak cycletrack north from 19th Street to 12th Street
- Lexington Avenue, Gladstone Boulevard, and Van Brunt Boulevard in the Historic Northeast
- Truman Road from Downtown eastward
- Prospect in Hickman Mills/South KC, and more!
Join a meeting:
- Monday, April 11 from 6-7 pm (Virtual Link Here)
Or join by phone: 1-872-212-5076, Phone Conference ID: 734 620 299#
- Tuesday, April 12 from 12-1 pm (Virtual Link Here)
Or join by phone: 1-872-212-5076, Phone Conference ID: 457 455 518#
- Wednesday, April 13 at 9 am at the Transportation, Infrastructure, and Operations Committee meeting
Meet in person on the 26th Floor of City Hall, or find the virtual link here (the City Clerk updates the link weekly)
Contact your councilperson:
BikeWalkKC's review of the plan
Read our blog post: Will KCMO build 30 miles of protected bike lanes? Only if they hear from you!
** Denotes events organized by third parties and/or community members. BikeWalkKC provides this a service to the community and is not responsible for these events.