2015 is an election year for Mayor and City Council, and it is an important one for walking and biking. The momentum of recent progress should be sustained, and a redoubled effort is needed to accelerate the pace of change for long-lasting improvements.
BikeWalkKC’s policy agenda for 2020 explains the issues and sets important goals for the city. We are sharing the agenda with all candidates and look forward to their answers to our candidate questionnaire on bike/ped issues.
Candidate forum with BikeWalkKC and the Kansas City Regional Transit Alliance
Meet the finalists for Mayor and City Council, and hear how they will work improve walking and biking.
May 11th, 7:00 p.m.
City Stage at Union Station
Save the date!
Policy Agenda Highlights
- Sidewalk closure policy to ensure pedestrian access during construction
- Open Missouri River levees to trail development
- Protected bikeways on priority corridors like River-Crown-Plaza, The Paseo, Armour Boulevard, etc.
- New trails connecting destinations like Zona Rosa, Maplewoods Community College
- Connect the Trolley Track and Indian Creek Trails
- Download the entire agenda to see all of the suggestions