BikeWalkKC takes the health and wellness of our program participants, employees, and the public very seriously. We are monitoring the situation closely and will update event registrants and the general public of any changes via our website, social media, and e-mail.
March 13th Updates:
- Our office is closed to the public and most employees are working remotely.
- The Confident City Cycling class scheduled for March 19-21 is postponed and registered participants will be contacted with more details.
- All other events are currently planned to continue as scheduled for now.
Cycling season has just begun, and we host events and programs throughout the year that support 10,000+ participants, which are core to our mission, our financial viability, and the livelihoods of our 30-plus employees. That said, we take our responsibilities very seriously and will not allow that dependence to supersede public health needs. BikeWalkKC is following the guidance of the Kansas City Health Department pertaining to coronavirus, which at this time have not recommended canceling events. However, you should follow their recommendations and use your own judgement about participation in activities
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently
- Avoid public gatherings if you have underlying health issues or are at high risk
(or if you have close contact with someone else in this situation)
You may receive updates from the KCMO by texting COVIDKC to 888777, contact the Missouri statewide hotline at 877-435-8411, or visit the Kansas Department of Health and the Environment’s Coronavirus Resource Center at http://www.kdheks.gov/coronavirus/.