Ride Day Details
For the most current information:
- Download the Tour de Bier app and be sure to turn on push notifications
- Follow us on social media for late-breaking updates and alerts: @TourDeBierKC on Twitter and TourDeBierKC on Facebook
- Follow and share your stories and photos with the hashtag #TourDeBierKC
NOTE: Tour de Bier is rain or shine. If there is severe weather, we may delay the start times and/or close the ride early. Be sure to download the Tour de Bier app and enable push notifications to get the most up-to-date information; we will also post updates on the website and our Facebook and Twitter pages. In the event of a complete cancellation, there are no refunds. Tour de Bier is a fundraiser for BikeWalkKC's work to get you more trails, bike lanes, and sidewalks.
Here's a quick list of all you need to know - click on any item to jump directly to that section:
- The Routes Start and End Times
- Packet Pickup and Walk-Up Registration
- The After-Party
- Closing Time and Last Call
- Frequently Asked Questions
Everything starts and ends at Knuckleheads Saloon, located in the East Bottoms at 2715 Rochester Avenue in Heim Park, KCMO, 64120. Be sure you give yourself ample time to arrive, park, check-in (if you've not already picked up your packet) and get to the starting line.
Downloadable route maps:
Ride with GPS
- Long route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29459290
- Medium: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28910685
- Short: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29727814
- Long route: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/22987596
- Medium route: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/24396286
- Short route: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/22987558
Map My Ride
- Long route: https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2429172115
- Medium route: https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2510836753
- Short route: https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2429176882
Printed maps and turn-by-turn sheets will be available at packet pickup. Turn-by-turn directions will also be uploaded to the Tour de Bier app.
NOTE: The Tour de Bier is an urban ride on streets around KCMO and North Kansas City. The harsh winter and wet spring have resulted in many potholes, patched roadways, street plates, and road repair. Broken glass and debris are not uncommon and not always avoidable. Ride with care and be aware of your surroundings.
- Start times:
- 8:00 a.m. for the 50-mile route, which travels to six breweries
- 8:30 a.m. for the 30-mile route, which travels to six breweries
- 9:00 a.m. for the Barley Bus, which travels to nine breweries
- 9:30 a.m. for the 15-mile route, which travels to four breweries
- Marking: A lot of paint will be on the roads to mark the route. Look for "TDB" and arrows on the street. (Long and medium = white paint; short route = yellow paint.)
- SAG: we will have roving support vehicles traveling the route, and information about how to contact them in your packets and on your wristbands.
- We're honored to welcome volunteer marshals from Cycling KC and KC Fun Ride who will lead and sweep the course - please thank them for their work!
These breweries have become rider favorites; be sure to thank them for their support of cycling in Kansas City!
- Big Rip Brewing Co., North Kansas City (Long route)
- Cinder Block Brewery, North Kansas City (Medium, Short routes)
- Strange Days Brewing Company, River Market (all routes)
- Brewery Emperial, KC Crossroads (Medium)
- Double Shift Brewing Company, KC Crossroads (Long and Short)
- Torn Label Brewing Company, KC Crossroads (Medium)
- Green Room Burgers & Beer, Westport (Long, Medium)
- KC Bier Co., Waldo (Long, Medium)
- Crane Brewing, Raytown (Long)
We encourage you to pick up your ride packet in advance to avoid the lines on Tour day. Yes, you can pick up your friends' and family members' packets, too!
Online registration CLOSED on May 14, but you may still register in-person at packet pickup or on Ride Day. Note: registration prices go UP on Ride Day to $60.
Friday, May 17 (Bike to Work Day!)
Boulevard Tours & Recreation Center
2534 Madison Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64108
Ride your bike to packet pickup and get a FREE 5-ounce pour in the Beer Hall
Ride Day, Sunday, May 19
Walk-up registration and packet pick-up opens at 7:00am at
For those who pre-ordered merchandise (caps, socks, pint glasses, koozies), you can get them at the event.
In your Packet you will find…
- A wristband to access rest stops and snacks (includes SAG contact info)
- 1 meal ticket
- 2 beverage tickets for the post-ride party
- A Road ID bib number and safety pins to attach it
- A T-shirt (if you registered by the April 12 deadline)
- Tour de Bier KC maps with self-guided history tour
- Info about other events and great deals from our wonderful sponsors
There are 4 parking lots just west of Knuckleheads, and they fill up quickly. If you park on side streets near Knuckleheads please do not block driveways or railroad crossings, or your vehicle will get towed.
This is how to find parking:
- Ride your bike to the event
- Park on side streets, please don’t block driveways
- Carpool/Ride share
- NEW: the surface lot just west of Isle of Capri Casino
- Park ‘n’ Ride at 3rd & Grand near City Market and ride to the event
- There will be LOTS of bike parking at the event
Once you've finished your ride, be sure to park your bike and get ready for some well-deserved fun! With your food and drink tickets, you can enjoy:
- Cajun Cabin: authentic New Orleans cuisine
- Indios Carbonsitos: Mexican street food, with a twist
- Knuckleheads: burgers, hot dogs, brats, and picnic favorites
- Jerusalem Cafe: Mediterranean fare with vegetarian/vegan options
- Urban Cafe: fresh and local comfort food
Massage Amani will be on-site for chair massages - just $1/minute!
- Boulevard Brewing Company: draft pours from the Boulevard Truck
- Stockyards Brewing Company: draft pours at the Velo Wagon
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.:canned beers in Heim Park
- Rochester Brewing & Roasting Company: hot coffee in the morning, and cold brew coffee at the after-party
- Canned soda and water will be available at the BikeWalkKC merch table
The Tour ends at 2:00 p.m. All riders should be back at Knuckleheads no later than 1:30. You are responsible for pacing yourself and the time you dwell at each brewery to ensure you return to the finish line on time.
We have a record number of riders pre-registered, and a record number of breweries participating. Please plan your time wisely so you can get the most from your ride.
- Mobile support on the course ends at 1:30 p.m.
- Food/Beer stops flowing at 2:00 p.m. If you are late reaching the finish line you will be responsible for purchasing your own food and drink directly from Knuckleheads (cash only).
Remember to thank your volunteers, tip your bartenders, and tell Frank and Mary “thank you” for hosting us at this event — this great ride could not happen without them!
Switch your route - It's OK to ride any of the three routes, regardless of which route you chose during registration.
Walk-up registration - Friends and family can still join you. Register at packet pickup Wednesday-Saturday for $50, or at the ride on Sunday for $60.
Set your own pace - Rest stops and mobile support vehicles are coordinated with our three starting times. If you choose to follow your own schedule, we cannot guarantee that rest stops and mobile support will be available when you need it.
Railroad tracks and trains - Please remember that this is an urban ride so expect trains, potholes, old trolley tracks, and broken glass/debris.
Weather policy - Tour de Bier is rain or shine. If there is severe weather we may delay the start times and/or close the ride early. Be sure to download the Tour de Bier app and enable push notifications to get the most up-to-date information; we will also post updates on the website and our Facebook and Twitter pages. In the event of a complete cancellation, there are no refunds. Tour de Bier is a fundraiser for BikeWalkKC's work to get you more trails, bike lanes, and sidewalks.