Position Description: Bike Share Operations Coordinator
Deadline: Open until filled. Posted on September 2nd, 2021.
Status: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt.
Reports to: Director of Bike Share and Business Services
Location: 1106 East 30th Street, Suite G, Kansas City, MO 64109 (with daily travel throughout the city)
RideKC Bike, a program of BikeWalkKC, seeks a full time Operations Coordinator to join our team of creative and dedicated individuals. The primary role is to coordinate and maintain the system’s fleet of electric bikes and classic bikes. Secondary roles include providing customer service, assisting with program forecasting, helping maintain our hardware and software vendor relationships, and being an ambassador for the organization and our unique brand.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Oversee the daily operation of the bike share system. This includes checking that classic bikes and e-bikes are functioning properly and charged each morning and that there are no significant problems;
- Coordinate operations staff schedule to ensure optimal system coverage;
- Oversee operations staff development and training as it relates to hub and bike repair and maintenance;
- Ensure routine maintenance is completed on the bikes as needed. This includes monthly maintenance checks that may result in some repairs;
- Coordinate and complete repairs. Bicycles in the system will occasionally need repair of varying degree. It will be the Operations Coordinator’s duty to complete these repairs in a timely fashion;
- Ensure parking hubs are clean and in good order.
- Operations Coordinator will also be responsible for daily station/hub balancing; once daily moving bikes and scooters to ensure that all stations have bikes and some empty docks;
- The Operations Coordinator will be required to work independently at all times with little oversight;
- Must also provide regular reports to executive staff and occasionally contribute ideas to the long-term development of RideKC Bike as a member of our team;
- Answer customer questions via email and telephone, including resolving billing and account problems;
- Work proactively with other fleet staff to ensure optimal operations and customer experience;
- Ensure fleet operation vehicles receive regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space in the shop and office;
- Assist with community outreach and member development.
- Prior experience working on bicycles or similar mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to learn
- Willing to work some evenings weekends
Send cover letter and resume, and to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Coordinator." This position is open until filled, and we encourage interested candidates to apply promptly.
No phone calls, please.
Compensation and Benefits
- Paid time off
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Retirement matching program after 12 months of service
- Discounts on bicycle and outdoor equipment and apparel
About RideKC Bike
RideKC Bike is a partnership of the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority, BikeWalkKC, Drop Mobility, and local city/county governments. The system provides a unique integration of public transit and shared use mobility. A mix of traditional pedal bikes and electric-assist bikes provide residents and visitors with healthy, sustainable options for getting around Kansas City. The system is a part of the RideKC regional transit family of mobility services, including Bus, MAX, Streetcar, and now shared use bikes.
BikeWalkKC is the region’s professional advocacy and education organization. We are a growing team of passionate and hard-working advocates, educators, planners, and social entrepreneurs making Kansas City a better place to live, work, and play. Our culture is collaborative and supportive, encouraging risk-taking, excellence, and constant learning. You will work hard, have fun, and make an impact on the community.
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity
BikeWalkKC has a commitment to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, employment as well as research and activities. As such we strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. Women and persons of color are highly encouraged to apply.