It’s that time of year again: sun is shining, the smell of summer cookouts are in the air, and the PIAC meetings are right around the corner!
The city’s Public Improvement Advisory Committee (PIAC) solicits resident input and makes recommendations regarding both the citywide and neighborhood portions of the capital budget. Many of the projects we support to improve the built environment (including for streets, roadways, traffic lights, and park facilities) can be funded in part through this process. That’s why it’s important to speak up when the dates and times for these meetings are announced.
Upcoming dates and times for the meetings by district are available here. Keep in mind that virtual options for participating are available.
There are two key steps you can take to get involved in this important process:
- Look through the projects that have been submitted and see which ones you may want to support. To search for projects in your district:
a) Enter your Council District in Search Method 1, and
b) Enter the PIAC Year “38” in Search Method 2, then
c) Click the “Filter” button on the lower right side to return the list of projects.
- You may also use this form to submit your own ideas for needed infrastructure improvements.
The 2020 deadline to submit a request is August 31.
If you choose to attend meetings in-person, there are some guidelines to keep in mind:
- Follow physical distancing guidelines with other participants as well as presenters, PIAC representatives, and staff;
- All attendees will be asked to sign in;
- You are expected to wear a mask and will be provided with one if you don’t;
- Any additional citywide guidelines will be followed at the time of the meeting.