KCK Mayor Mark Holland is heading out on a listening tour of the community, stopping at several locations to hear from residents about concerns, questions, and ideas. This is a great opportunity to talk with the Mayor about improving walking and biking in KCK.
Some of the recent and upcoming highlights in Wyandotte County include:
- Southwest Boulevard and Merriam Drive bike lanes in 2014
- 10th/12th Street bike lanes coming in 2015
- Opening of the first levee trail along the Kansas River in 2014
- Connex transit service from Downtown to the Legends
- Safe Routes to School project integrating new sidewalk investments with education and encouragement programs like Walking School Buses.
Over the last couple of years we have increased BikeWalkKC’s involvement in KCK and Wyandotte County. We are excited to see momentum building and progress beginning! Some of our efforts in KCK include:
- Participation in Healthy Communities Wyandotte’s Infrastructure Action Team
- County Commission candidate forum withe Regional Transit Alliance
- Safe Routes to School project in partnership with Unified Government’s Public Works and Health Departments, USD 500 KCK Public Schools, and USD 202 Turner School District.
- Partnerships with great organizations like Rosedale Development Association, Latino Health for All Coalition, Downtown Shareholders, LISC, Revolve KC, and more.