Thanks to those who attended the KC Women’s Bike Summit
Thank you to all the women that came to the KC Women’s Bike Summit and made this event a huge success.
We gave you a charge to help us find our unified voice, make a pledge to help get more women (and girls) on bikes, and meet at least three new people.
Some of the great responses to what our unified voices should say were so spectacular we wanted to share them with you!
- Cyclists are people, too.
- It’s ok to go slow.
- Enjoy the journey.
- Bike your own way, it is ok!
- All bicycling is valid. We are all one.
- I lost my husband and my car at the same time. I don’t miss either of them!
- I’ve been hit by a car, but I have overcome worse. I still ride and I am proud to do so.
- Biking has been getting me back in shape after cancer.
- On a century ride, I used a ham sandwich as a seat cushion. (We would like to hear the rest of this story)
- Bicycling is cheaper than therapy and healthier than vodka!
We love that you joined us at this inaugural event, and we want to continue the conversation with you and help build our bike network and Womens Bike KC initiative. Stay tuned for continued efforts as part of BikeWalkKC’s Women Bike KC initiative. Please consider becoming a member and joining BikeWalkKC.
Many thanks for your support of BikeWalkKC and our Women’s Bike KC Initiative, only together we can work towards making KC a healthier, more active community.
–The BikeWalkKC Family