This position is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Job Opening: Scooter Fleet Operations Coordinator
Deadline: Open until filled, posted July 17, 2019
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Reports to Bike Share Director
Location: 1106 E. 30th Street, Kansas City, MO 64109
Definition and Purpose:
RideKC Bike and Scooter seeks a full time Operations Coordinator to join our team of creative and dedicated individuals. The primary role is to coordinate and maintain the system’s fleet of scooters. Secondary roles include providing customer service, assisting with program forecasting, helping maintain our hardware and software vendor relationships, and being an ambassador for the organization and our unique brand.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the daily operation of the scooter system. This includes checking that scooters and e-bikes are functioning properly and charged each morning and that scooters have no significant problems;
- Coordinate operations staff schedule to ensure optimal system coverage;
- Oversee operations staff development and training as it relates to station and bike repair and maintenance;
- Ensure routine maintenance is completed on the scooters and e-bikes as needed. This includes monthly maintenance checks that may result in some repairs;
- Coordinate and complete repairs. Bicycles in the system will occasionally need repair of varying degree. It will be the Operations Coordinator’s duty to complete these repairs in a timely fashion;
- Ensure parking hubs are clean and in good order.
- Operations Coordinator will also be responsible for daily station/hub balancing; once daily moving bikes and scooters to ensure that all stations have bikes and some empty docks;
- The Operations Coordinator will be required to work independently at all times with little oversight;
- Must also provide regular reports to executive staff and occasionally contribute ideas to the long-term development of RideKC Bike and Scooter as a member of our team;
- Answer customer questions via email and telephone, including resolving billing and account problems;
- Work proactively with other fleet staff to ensure optimal operations and customer experience;
- Maintain a clean and organized work space in the shop and office;
- Assist with community outreach and member development.
- Prior experience working on bicycles or similar mechanical aptitude
- Prior experience managing staff preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to learn
- Willing to work some weekends
Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Retirement matching program
Send cover letter and resume, and to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Scooter Coordinator”. This position is open until filled, and we encourage interested candidates to apply promptly.
No phone calls, please.
BikeWalkKC is the region’s professional advocacy and education organization. We are a growing team of passionate and hard-working advocates, educators, planners, and social entrepreneurs making Kansas City a better place to live, work, and play. Our culture is collaborative and supportive, encouraging risk-taking, excellence, and constant learning. You will work hard, have fun, and make an impact on the community.
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity
BikeWalkKC has a commitment to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, employment as well as research and activities. As such we strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. Women and persons of color are highly encouraged to apply.