This position is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications.
Posted: May 24th, 2021
Status: Part-time, nonexempt. Approximately 20 hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director and works closely with Finance Manager and other members of the leadership team
Location: 1106 East 30th Street, Suite G, Kansas City, MO 64109
The Office Manager contributes to BikeWalkKC’s mission by supporting a variety of administrative and office support functions. This position helps ensure that our operations run smoothly and that the leadership team has the needed information to make decisions about finances, programs, fundraising, and operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reconcile statements from banks, payment processors, and event registrations
- Enter accounts receivable/payable into Quickbooks and Salesforce
General Office Management
- Schedule meetings for leadership team, especially with groups and outside partners
- Screen and route inbound phone and email inquiries
- Maintain Salesforce database with member/donor, grant, and program participant data
- Order office supplies
- Maintain merchandise inventory
Development and Communications
- Assist with membership mailings
- Assist with event preparation and track inventory of event supplies
Qualities needed to be successful in this position
- Diligent attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to organize ambiguous information
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take direction and then execute tasks independently
- Comfortable asking clarifying questions
- Sense of humor!
- Bookkeeping, accounting, office management, or similar functions
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Customer Relationship Management software and fundraising databases
- Microsoft Office
- A commitment to BikeWalkKC’s mission, vision, and values
- Quickbooks or Quickbooks online
- Google Workspace (G-Suite)
- Google Calendar, Doodle, Calendly, or similar meeting scheduling software
Compensation and Benefits
- Paid time off and health insurance reimbursement
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match after 12 months of employment
Schedule and remote work
BikeWalkKC is currently in a hybrid working environment, with most office-based staff working partially remotely.
Once the office is fully re-opened this position can continue to be mostly remote, and the schedule can be flexible. However, some in-person availability during weekday business hours will be required for meetings, project management, and document processing.
How to apply
- Send cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put “Office Manager” in the email subject line.
- No phone calls
BikeWalkKC is a team of passionate and hard-working advocates, educators, planners, and social entrepreneurs making Kansas City a better place to live, work, and play through professional advocacy and education. Our culture is collaborative and supportive, encouraging risk-taking, excellence, and constant learning. You will work hard, have fun, and make an impact on the community.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
BikeWalkKC is committed to supporting diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, and employment, as well as research and activities. We strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. We work with a wide range of external partners and stakeholders, and we seek candidates who are committed to their own cultural competency. We recognize this is especially important for a majority-white organization often working in communities of color.
People of color, women, and members of the LGBT+ community are encouraged to apply.