Ride Day Details
Advance Packet Pickup
We encourage you to pick up your ride packet in advance to avoid the lines on Tour day. Yes, you can pick up friends and family packets, too!
Friday, May 12th: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 13th: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
at BikeWalkKC's Midtown Office at 3269 Gillham Road, Suite C, KCMO 64109
One block south of Linwood Boulevard, just east of Costco and Home Depot
For those who ordered jerseys, you can get them at packet pick-up at BikeWalkKC or at the event.
In your Packet you will find…
- A wristband to access rest stops and snacks
- 1 meal ticket
- 2 beverage tickets for the post-ride party
- A Road ID bib number and safety pins to attach it
- A T-shirt if you registered by the deadline
- Tour de Bier KC maps with self-guided history tour
- Info about other events and great deals from our wonderful sponsors
At the Event
The Tour de Bier KC start/finish is at Heim Park, the site of the first Electric Park, and Knuckleheads! When you get to the park, put your bike in the bike parking area, then register, pick up your packet, have some coffee and hang out with your friends!
The starting point will be at Rochester & Chestnut, at the SE corner of the park.
- 50 Mile Route: Ride leaves at 8 a.m. (New start time for 2017!)
- 35 Mile Route: Ride leaves at 9 a.m.
- 17 Mile Route: Ride leaves at 10 a.m.
Marking: A lot of white paint is on the roads to mark the route. Look for "TDB" and arrows on the street.
Closing Time and Last Call
The Tour ends at 1:30 p.m. All riders should be back at Knuckleheads before that time. You are responsible for pacing yourself and the time hang out at each brewery to ensure you return to the finish line on time.
- Mobile support on the course ends at 1:30 p.m.
- Food/Beer stops flowing at 1:30 p.m. If you are late reaching the finish line you will be responsible for purchasing your own food and drink directly from Knuckleheads (Cash only).
On the Route
The historic brewery sites are marked with numbers that correspond with your map, cue sheet, and tour guide. Learn about the stories of family dynasties, the connection of beer with baseball, gangsters, and other legends of brewing history.
Roving SAGs (Support And Gear) will be available to help you if you have problems. Callif there are any issues on the Tour.
Enjoy your ride, the fascinating KC brewing history, and get refreshed at the rest stops that will have water and snacks waiting for you!
After the ride, Boulevard Brewery and Tallgrass Brewing Company will provide beverages! Soft drinks will also be available with your drink ticket at Knuckleheads. Lunch will be served from 11:00 until 1:30 p.m. Use your lunch ticket at any of the food vendors.
Remember to thank your volunteers, tip your bartenders, and tell Frank and Mary “thank you” for hosting us at this event — this great ride could not happen without them!
Route Maps and GPS
Here are the three route maps and GPS files available for download.
Answers to Common Questions
Switch your route - It's OK to ride any of the three routes, regardless of which route you chose during registration.
Walk-Up Registration - Friends and family can still join you. Pre-register at packet pickup on Friday or Saturday for $50 or at the ride on Sunday for $60.
Set your own pace - Rest stops and mobile support vehicles are coordinated with our three starting times. If you choose to follow your own schedule, we cannot guarantee that rest stops and mobile support will be available when you need it.
Tips and Tricks
Rail Road Tracks and Trains
Please remember that this is a urban ride so expect trains, potholes, old trolley tracks, and broken glass/debris. Be extra careful around the Wettest Block in the World.
There are 4 parking lots just west of Knuckleheads, and they fill up quickly. If you park on side streets near Knuckleheads please do not block driveways or railroad crossings, or your vehicle will get towed.
This is how to find parking:
- Ride your bike to the event
- Park on side streets, please don’t block driveways
- Park ‘n’ Ride at 3rd & Grand near City Market and ride to the event
- There will be LOTS of bike parking at the event