We are monitoring the weather, and at this point, we are delaying the start of each ride by 30 minutes:
- 50-milers, 8:30 AM start
- 35-milers, 9:00 AM start
- 15-milers, 9:30 AM start
We will continue to monitor the weather and post updates as they are available. Follow us on social media: @tourdebierkc and #tourdebierkc
Ride Day Details
Here's a quick list of all you need to know - click on any item to jump directly to that section:
- The Routes Start and End Times
- Packet Pickup and Jerseys
- The After-Party
- Closing Time and Last Call
- Frequently Asked Questions
Pre-registration has closed. Click here for walk-up registration information.
Everything starts and ends at Knuckleheads Saloon, located in the East Bottoms at 2715 Rochester Avenue in KCMO, 64120. Be sure you give yourself ample time to arrive, park, check-in (if you've not already picked up your packet), enjoy some free coffee fuel from Parisi Cafe, and get to the starting line.
- Start times:
- 8:00 a.m. for the 50-mile route, which travels to all nine breweries (see full list, below)
- 8:30 a.m. for the 35-mile route, which travels to eight breweries (excluding Crane)
- 9:00 a.m. for the 15-mile route, which travels to six breweries
- Downloadable route maps are now available! Click here for Ride with GPS and Garmin Connect links.
- Marking: A lot of paint will be on the roads to mark the route. Look for "TDB" and arrows on the street.
- SAG: we will have roving support vehicles traveling the route, and information about how to contact them in your packets and on your wristbands. BikeWalkKC in midtown and the Velo Garage in North Kansas City will also serve as optional stops for water and light mechanicals, if needed.
- We're honored to welcome volunteer marshals from KC Fun Ride and Cycling KC who will lead and sweep the course - please thank them for their work!
There are 4 parking lots just west of Knuckleheads, and they fill up quickly. If you park on side streets near Knuckleheads please do not block driveways or railroad crossings, or your vehicle will get towed.
This is how to find parking:
- Ride your bike to the event
- Park on side streets, please don’t block driveways
- Park ‘n’ Ride at 3rd & Grand near City Market and ride to the event
- There will be LOTS of bike parking at the event
Many rider favorites return this year, and we've added two new stops for you to try!
- Big Rip Brewing Co., North Kansas City
- Cinder Block Brewery, North Kansas City
- Strange Days Brewing Company, River Market - NEW!
- Brewery Emperial, KC Crossroads
- Double Shift Brewing Company, KC Crossroads - NEW!
- Torn Label Brewing Company, KC Crossroads
- Green Room Burgers & Beer, Westport
- KC Bier Co., Waldo
- Crane Brewing, Raytown
We encourage you to pick up your ride packet in advance to avoid the lines on Tour day. Yes, you can pick up your friends' and family members' packets, too!
at Spokes Cafe and Cyclery, located at 1200 Washington, Suite B, KCMO, 64105. May 18 is International Bike to Work Day, and Spokes will be offering a great breakfast special for those of you who ride in that morning!
Friday, May 18 from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 19 from 9:00 a.m.-noon
at BikeWalkKC's Midtown Office at 3269 Gillham Road, Suite C, KCMO 64109
(One block south of Linwood Boulevard, just east of Costco and Home Depot)
For those who pre-ordered jerseys, you can get them at packet pick-up at BikeWalkKC or at the event. There are still a few of these beauties for sale in our online store.
In your Packet you will find…
- A wristband to access rest stops and snacks (includes SAG contact info)
- 1 meal ticket
- 2 beverage tickets for the post-ride party
- A Road ID bib number and safety pins to attach it
- A T-shirt (if you registered by the deadline)
- Tour de Bier KC maps with self-guided history tour
- Info about other events and great deals from our wonderful sponsors
Once you've finished your ride, be sure to park your bike and get ready for some well-deserved fun! With your food and drink tickets, you can enjoy:
- Cajun Cabin: authentic New Orleans cuisine
- Knuckleheads: burgers, hot dogs, brats, and picnic favorites
- Jerusalem Cafe: Mediterranean fare with vegetarian/vegan options
- Pigwich: locally-sourced signature sandwiches
- Boulevard Brewing Company: the Midwest's largest specialty brewer
- Tallgrass Brewing Co.: craft beers from the Flint Hills
- Casual Animal: small batch, "fresh as hell" brews, poured from KC's Velo Wagon beer bus
- Assorted sodas and sparking waters will be available at the BikeWalkKC merchandise table
Visit our parters!
We'll have some excellent friends for you to visit at the finish line, including:
- AARP Kansas City: From sharing practical resources like job, health, and financial workshops, to holding fun activities and events, AARP is providing opportunities to connect and help build an even stronger Kansas City.
- Artist Ada Koch: Visual artist, educator, and avid cyclist Ada Koch's paintings include vivid and colorful works inspired by and drawn from her travels and cycling. Say "hi" to Ada during the ride, and visit her table afterwards.
- 90.9 The Bridge: Turn On. Tune In. Listen Local. The Bridge is listener-supported, non-commercial music radio for Kansas City.
- Cabot Creamery: Enjoy samples of the World’s Best Cheddar from Cabot Creamery, which has been co-operating thriving farms, strong communities, and happy, healthy cows for more than 100 years.
- Kansas City Tap Tour: The KC Tap Tour showcases the best of the Kansas City brewery scene while rewarding locals and visitors alike with discounts, prizes and more. Check out the guidebook at the Tour!
- Leasing KC: LeasingKC is a proud homegrown and veteran-owned company that strives to provide resources to find accurate and useful information about Kansas City apartments and rental homes.
- Trek Bicycle: Trek's skilled staff will be on-hand to offer advice and expertise to riders of all types and ability levels. Get the details about their newest store, opening this summer in Lee's Summit.
Thank our other sponsors and friends!
- City of Kansas City, MO Neighborhood Tourist Development Fund
- The Pitch
- Bike Law
- Bike MS: Kansas City
- Chicken n Pickle
- Head for the Cure Foundation
- Onelife Fitness
- South 71 Insurance
- Buttonwood Financial Group, LLC
- KC Sporting Events
- Road ID
The Tour ends at 2:00 p.m. All riders should be back at Knuckleheads no later than 1:30. You are responsible for pacing yourself and the time hang out at each brewery to ensure you return to the finish line on time.
We have a record number of riders pre-registered, and a record number of breweries participating. Please plan your time wisely so you can get the most from your ride.
- Mobile support on the course ends at 1:30 p.m.
- Food/Beer stops flowing at 2:00 p.m. If you are late reaching the finish line you will be responsible for purchasing your own food and drink directly from Knuckleheads (cash only).
Remember to thank your volunteers, tip your bartenders, and tell Frank and Mary “thank you” for hosting us at this event — this great ride could not happen without them!
Switch your route - It's OK to ride any of the three routes, regardless of which route you chose during registration.
Walk-up registration - Friends and family can still join you. Register at packet pickup Wednesday-Friday for $50, or at the ride on Sunday for $60. Click here to learn more.
Set your own pace - Rest stops and mobile support vehicles are coordinated with our three starting times. If you choose to follow your own schedule, we cannot guarantee that rest stops and mobile support will be available when you need it.
Railroad tracks and trains - Please remember that this is a urban ride so expect trains, potholes, old trolley tracks, and broken glass/debris.
Weather policy - Tour de Bier is rain or shine. If there is severe weather we may delay the start times and/or close the ride early. In the event of a complete cancellation, there are no refunds. Tour de Bier is a fundraiser for BikeWalkKC's work to get you more trails, bike lanes, and sidewalks.