The BikeWalkKC business membership is a great way for local businesses to invest in making Greater Kansas City a dynamic place to live, work, and play. Increasing bicycling and walking improves our city’s health, environment, and economy.
Today’s talented and mobile workforce wants to live in vibrant cities with accessible options to walk and bike for transportation, recreation, and fitness. Your investment in BikeWalkKC is an investment in the future of Kansas City.
$300 Business Member
- Listing on BikeWalkKC’s web site & Annual Report
- Bicycle Friendly Employer support for one location, including bike parking assessment
- Bicycle Action Plan for one location
- One complimentary BikeWalkKC individual membership
- Window cling decal to show your support
$1,000 Business Champion
- Bike Friendly Employer support for up to three locations
- Bicycle Action Plans for up to three locations
- Listing in BikeWalkKC’s monthly email newsletter (over 3,000 subscribers)
- One Smart Cycling workshop at your workplace
- 20% discount on BikeWalkKC memberships for your employees
- Advertising credit on Kansas City B-cycle, Downtown’s bike sharing system (and mobile ad platform!)
- Memberships renew annually and can be paid in installments.
Bicycle Friendly Employer and Bicycle Action Plan
Recognition for business that go the extra mile to support their bike commuters. Encouraging bike commuting improves your bottom line by reducing health care costs, reducing sick days, and attracting talented workforce.
All BikeWalkKC Business Members and Champions are eligible for our Bike Friendly Employer program, which includes
- On-site evaluation of your work site(s) and facilities
- Review of corporate transportation, wellness, and sustainability polices
- High-scoring businesses receive Bicycle Friendly Employer awards and recognition
Bicycle Action Plan Our on-site evaluation results in a Bicycle Action Plan with specific suggestions and recognition for ways your business can improve support for bicycling.
BikeWalkKC’s Corporate Supporters
We are grateful for the financial and in-kind support of many leading businesses all over the KC metro area.
90.9 The Bridge, AARP, Alamo Drafthouse, Banjo Creative, Bike Law MO/KS, BLC Law, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City, Boulevard Brewing Company, Buttonwood Financial Group, Casual Animal Brewing Company, Catalent Pharma Solutions, Chicken n Pickle, Erik’s Bike & Board, Family Bicycles, INK/Middle of the Map Festival, Kansas City Art Institute, Knuckleheads Saloon, Leasing KC, Local Pig, MainCor and Main Street CID, MPress, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, New Belgium Brewing Company, Onelife Fitness, Plaza 209, Plaza Animal Clinic, The Pitch, Popham Law Firm, Rainen Companies, Shook Hardy & Bacon, Sloop Dental, Spencer Fane, SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza, Spokes Cafe & Cyclery, The Sundry, Tallgrass Brewing, Trek, Velo Garage & Taphouse, Visit KC, and Yelp.
Partner agencies and nonprofits
BikeWalkKC partners with many local organizations that share our vision for a healthier, safer, greener, and more competitive region.
816 Bicycle Collective, The Aetna Foundation, City of Kansas City MO, City of Mission KS, City of North KC, City of Shawnee KS, Children’s Mercy Kansas City, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Greater Kansas City LISC, Hallmark Corporate Foundation, Head for the Cure Foundation, Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City, Hickman Mills School District, Jackson County, Jackson County Parks + Rec, Johnson County, Kansas City Parks & Recreation, Kansas City Public Schools, Kansas City River Trails, KCK Public Schools, KC Health Department, KC Metro Bike Club, KC Track Club, LINC, Livable Streets Lee’s Summit, LiveWell Johnson County, Mattie Rhodes Center, Mid-America Regional Council, North Kansas City School District, Raytown School District, Rosedale Development Association, Wyandotte County/KCK Health Department.