Become a Member
Memberships are the foundation of BikeWalkKC’s work to fight for safer places to walk and bike in all parts of the metro area. Become a member today!
Make a Donation
BikeWalkKC is 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and your donation is deductible to the extent allowed by law. We are eligible for most employer matching donation programs and United Way directed contributions.
Sign up for monthly newsletter, advocacy alerts, Safe Routes to School, and other mailing lists to stay in the know!
- Internships: Staff-like volunteer opportunities in a structured, academically rewarding environment.
- Board of Directors and board committees: Support BikeWalkKC with leadership, strategic planning, and fundraising.
- Advisors and in-kind: Lend your professional talents in areas like business planning, finances, fundraising, marketing, law, etc.
Shop at Amazon Smile
When you shop at Amazon Smile, Amazon donates a portion of their profits to BikeWalkKC – at no extra cost to you!
United Way and Employer Matching Gifts
Designate all or part of your annual United Way pledge to BikeWalkKC, or see if your employer matches charitable donations.
Invest in making Greater Kansas City a dynamic place to live, work, and play. Business members not only get great recognition, but also professional support for becoming a more bike-frienly business and employer.
Sponsor a Program or Event
Make your mark on the community by supporting positive, long-lasting change to make Kansas City a better place to live, work, visit, and play.
Buy a Bike Rack
We’ve teamed up with Dero to help Kansas City, Missouri companies and communities meet the growing demand for bike parking. BikeWalkKC will help customers navigate Kansas City’s bike parking standards and permits, recommend quality bike racks to best meet their needs, and offer free site-visits. Installation is also available for an additional fee. BikeWalkKC can even help with customized bike parking designs.
BikeWalkKC has a proven track record of achieving measurable impact on the community through public policy, advocacy, research, and programming. Major funders include:
- Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Mid-America Regional Council
- Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
- Missouri Department of Transportation
- CLIF Bar Foundation