Community Events Calendar
** Denotes events organized by third parties and/or community members. Add your event.
- This event has passed.
Confident City Cycling at Johnson County Library
June 14, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30pm on Thursday, repeating until June 21, 2018
Confident City Cycling & Earn-a-Bike Program
Learn new concepts for navigating streets and build practical bike handling skills necessary for city riding. This FREE intensive course teaches safety knowledge and bike handling skills, culminating with a bike ride in a safe and supporting environment. An earn-a-bike component is built in for individuals who need access to a bike!
This class is great for:
- New cyclists
- Bike commuters & those who use a bike for transportation
- Ride leaders
- Transportation professionals
- Anyone who wants to lead adult or youth bike training
Who want to learn:
- Smart cycling and rules of the road
- Riding basics such as starting and stopping, riding straight, scanning and signaling, emergency turns and making quick stops
- Basic bicycle maintenance and repair
- How to ride at night
- How to be a better driver when sharing roads with cyclists
Confident City Cycling is a three-class series held on Thursday evenings in June from 5:30-8. Attendance at all 3 is strongly encouraged, and required in order to earn-a-bike.
- June 7
- June 14
- June 21
Meet at the Central Resource Library Branch at 9875 W 87th St, Overland Park, KS 66212.
The course concludes with a road ride in a safe and supporting environment!
Open to ages 12 and up – parent or guardian must accompany minors under 18. Bicycles and helmets will be available during course instruction. Attend all three sessions to be eligible to take home a free bike and helmet!
** Denotes events organized by third parties and/or community members. BikeWalkKC provides this a service to the community and is not responsible for these events.