BikeWalkKC’s Neighborhood Streets Workshop series helps neighborhoods successfully advocate for a safer, equitable transportation system. Our goal is to improve KC's streets so that walking, biking and public transportation are viable, safe options for our residents. By empowering individuals to improve their built environment, we can make KC a safer, healthier more equitable place to live, work and play. .
What you’ll learn
• What is a “Livable Street”?
• Elements of great Livable Streets
• Sidewalks and crosswalks
• Bicycle facilities
• Economic, health and social benefits • Building your campaign
• How to get funding for your street improvements
• How local streets and sidewalks are managed
We are currently scheduling for Spring and Summer 2015 sessions. This series is available free of charge to neighborhood organizations of Kansas City, Misouri. Other entities are welcome to join on a fee basis. Please contact us for pricing information.
Training sessions are led by a BikeWalkKC’s nationally certified bicycling instructors and certified transportation professionals.