KCK has created the first draft of a new master plan for sidewalks and trails based on public comments received in March 2012. This week is your opportunity to see the draft and provide more feedback to planners and engineers.
Attending one of these public meetings is an important way to residents and visitors help the city plan for the future, implement its Complete Streets policy, and improve walking and bicycling in KCK neighborhoods.
Attend a Public Meeting
Suggested talking points:
- Prioritize sidewalk connections to schools and transit
- Plan for trails that can serve both transportation and recreation uses
- Include bike lanes to connect trails to neighborhoods and retrofit developed areas
- Ensure new development includes sidewalks
- Don't forget about good crosswalks to people across the street