Another round of planning charrettes is coming up to discuss sustainable development along the Rock Island corridor through the southeast part of the metro area. After years of planning, Jackson County is moving forward with a funding plan for a regional transit system that will include both a commuter rail line and a Katy Trail extension from Pleasant Hill to the Truman Sports Complex.
The Mid-America Regional Council is now working to ensure communites along the corridor can take advantage of opportunities for sustainable development adjacent to the transit and trail corridor. Please attend one or both of these charrettes to speak up for things like:
- Bike lanes connecting neighborhoods to the corridor
- Sidewalks and crosswalks between neighborhoods around the train stations
- Walkable, mixed-use development and re-development around stations (often called TOD or Transit-Oriented Development)
- Bike share stations connecting neighborhoods to transit
- Improve bus routes to connect outlying neighborhoods to the rail line
Knobtown, Raytown, and View High Drive charrette
January 23rd, 5:30 p.m to 8:00 p.m.
Unity Village Garden/Tea Room
1901 NW Blue Parkway, Unity Village, MO 64139
Greenwood and Pleasant Hill charrette
Janaury 24th, 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
212 Cedar Street, Pleasant Hill, MO 64080