BikeWalkKC is seeking an intern for Spring 2013 to work on special events and fundraising. This is an excellent opportunity for students in marketing, communications, public relations, business, and similar programs.
Fundraising/Special Event Planning Intern Job Description
Intern is responsible for planning, implementing and participating in any fundraising events during internship.
Assist with planning of special events, including meeting with event committees, developing community resources, generating new ideas and attending event meetings. Work with development staff to increase quality of events.
Aid communications director with tasks, which are specific to each special event/function. Some specific events include but are not limited to Bike Prom 2013, Tour de Brew KC, Bike Week and Safe Routes to School Events
Help with special event mailings, publication design, logistical tasks for events, phone calls related to donations, and other tasks as determined necessary by special event staff.
Participate in any activity related to the event.
To be considered, candidates must be in their junior or senior year of college, have strong people and writing skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and be generally familiar with Apple computers. Knowledge of the Adobe Suite is preferred, however, not required. The Special Events Managers are happy to work around busy school schedules, but interns will be required to help work some week night or weekend events. Marketing, Communications, Public Relations and Business majors are encouraged to apply.
What You Will Gain
- Opportunity to attend community health fairs, weekend events and health related events.
- Attend support group meetings, internal/external meetings with fundraisers, government officials and committee members
- Learning various aspects of non-profit works fundraiaing
- How to plan an event from beginning to completion in various venues and profitability.
- Learn how to work on a budget for an event
- $500.00 stipend. Internship will start Feb 1, 2013 and run June 1, 2013.
Management and Direction
- Reports to Director of Communications.
- Manages daily activities with minimal direction.
- Provides support and assistance for events as needed.
- Start date flexible with school/break schedule.
- Ten Hours per week with flexible work schedule
We are located in Downtown's Crossroads Arts District in the OfficePort co-working space, which includes a great group of entrepreneurs, startups, small businesses, and free coffee! Of course we support bike commuting with shower, locker, and ample secure bike parking. The Main Street MAX and several bus lines are nearby.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information call 816-205-7056, extension 2.
Kansas City B-cycle is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age.