There will be a Midtown/Plaza Area Plan Public Work Team Meeting on Thursday, February 28, 2013 from 6-8 p.m. at The Kauffman Foundation 4801 Rockhill Road. At this meeting city planners will review the results of the first round of meetings. Attendees will then break into small groups to discuss issues the community identified in greater depth.
Biking and walking were hot topics at the first meeting in January, so please attend this meeting and help us keep up the pressure to make meaningful improvements in policies and infrastructure!
Here some important points for you to make for the planners and other city officials:
- Now is the time to make meaningful investments in biking and walking
- Biking and walking should be equitably funded as part of the transportation system
- Connect the city with safe and convenient ways to walk and bike between neighborhoods
- Repurpose surface parking lots into places for people to live, work, and play
- No more suburban, car-centric development in our urban neighborhoods
Design the built environment to encourage walking and biking
Visit the Midtown/Plaza Area Plan web site for more information and recap of the last meeting, which was overflowning with engaged and motivied residents of the Midtown and Plaza neighborhoods.
Please also bookmark BikeWalkKC's Midtown/Plaza page for specific information about how you can speak up for biking and walking.
Kauffman Foundation Conference Center
Kansas City, MO 64110