The BikeWalkKC business membership is a great way for local businesses to invest in making Greater Kansas City a dynamic place to live, work, and play. Increasing bicycling and walking improves our city's health, environment, and economy.
Today's talented and mobile workforce wants to live in vibrant cities with accessible options to walk and bike for transportation, recreation, and fitness. Your investment in BikeWalkKC is an investment in the future of Kansas City.
$300 Business Member
- Listing on BikeWalkKC's web site & Annual Report
- Bicycle Friendly Employer support for one location, including bike parking assessment
- Bicycle Action Plan for one location
- One complimentary BikeWalkKC individual membership
- Window cling decal to show your support
$1,000 Business Champion
- All benefits listed above, plus
- Bike Friendly Employer support for up to three locations
- Bicycle Action Plans for up to three locations
- Listing in BikeWalkKC's monthly email newsletter (over 3,000 subscribers)
- One Smart Cycling workshop at your workplace
- 20% discount on BikeWalkKC memberships for your employees
- Advertising credit on Kansas City B-cycle, Downtown's bike sharing system (and mobile ad platform!)
Memberships renew annually and can be paid in installments.
Bicycle Friendly Employer and Bicycle Action Plan
Recognition for business that go the extra mile to support their bike commuters. Encouraging bike commuting improves your bottom line by reducing health care costs, reducing sick days, and attracting talented workforce.
All BIkeWalkKC Business Members and Champions are eligible for our Bike Friendly Employeer program, which includes
- On-site evaulation of your work site(s) and faciltiies
- Review of corporate transportation, wellness, and sustainability polices
- High-scoring businesses receive Bicycle Friendly Employer awards and recognition
Bicycle Action Plan
Our on-site evaulation results in a Bicycle Action Plan with specific suggestons and recognition for ways your business can improve support for bicycling.
Become a business member today to take advantage of these services.
BikeWalkKC's Corporate Supporters
We are grateful for the financial and in-kind support of many leading businesses all over the KC metro area.
Andrews McNeel Universal, Bier Station, Big Rip Brewing, Bike America Overland Park, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City, Boulevard Brewing, Chamois Butt'r, Chipman Design, CLIF Bar, Duct Tape Marketing, Family Bicycles, Gastinger Walker Harden + Bee Triplett Buck, Goldenstar, J.E. Dunn, Ink Magazine, The Kansas City Club, Knuckleheads Saloon, Local Pig, MainCor and Main Street CID, Martin City Brewing, McCoy's Public House, Red Bull, Shipley Communications, Snow & Co., SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza, Tallgrass Brewing, Vance Preman Law Firm, Westport Community Improvement District, The Wheel Cyclery, Whole Foods, Yelp.
Partner agencies and nonprofits
BikeWalkKC partners with many local organizations that share our vision for a healthier, safer, greener, and more competitive region.
816 Bicycle Collective, City of Kansas City MO, City of Shawnee KS, Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics, FreeWheels for Kids, Greater Kansas City LISC, Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City, Hickman Mills School District, Jackson County, Johnson County, Kansas City Public Schools, Kansas City River Trails, KCK Public Schools, KC Health Department, KC Metro Bike Club, KC Track Club, LINC, Livable Streets Lee's Summit, Mattie Rhoades Center, Mid-America Regional Council, North Kansas City School District, Raytown School District, Rosedale Development Association, Wyandotte County/KCK Helath Department.