It’s summer vacation season. Does your bike come with you on vacation? Have you rented a bike somewhere cool and want to share it with the world? Do you have a place you’d like to ride?
That’s the question we asked our Women Bike KC staff and volunteers recently and these are the answers we received.
• Arcadia National Park, Maine and Chicago Lakefront (former resident, future tourist), –Jessica Kleoppel
• Places I would like to bike vacation: Santa Fe, New Mexico, Taos, New Mexico and all of the TransAmerica Bike Route. Where I have gone is part of Route 66 in Oklahoma and in the Flint Hills in Kansas. Love it all.—Kerry Rood
• Bike Amstradam–Train-Bike Berlin; Minneapolis, Quebec, Canada—Sandy Callahan
• Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Flint Hills, Minneapolis/St Paul, Portland, Route 66, TransAm– Martha Blackman
• Been to-Colorado: there’s a great trail between Breckenridge and Vail. You can say that you rode over a mountain pass! Wish list-Iceland!—Susan Muro
• Riding with my kids through the campgrounds at Missouri State Parks. A really great park with bike/ped trails is Johnson Shut-Ins State Park-Molly Gosnelll
• New Orleans—Rotha Perkins
• Bend, Oregon—Amanda Grimes
• Limon, Costa Rica; Seaside OR- Julie Pearce
• When I’m home, I love the C&O canal trail in DC—during the when when it’s not crazy crowded- Lesley Pories
• I want to bike the entirety of the big island, Hawaii- Laura Steele
• I really like checking out other people’s bikeshares, namely Capital Bikeshare and all the fun things they’ve done with streets in DC. I’ve had the chance to visit Birmingham some this year and they have electric bikes in their bikeshare system. Also, love riding near beaches, like I did on Broward B-cycle in Fort Lauderdale- Kristen Jeffers
• ANYWHERE WITH PROTECTED BIKE LANES AND CONNECTED FACLITIES- Maggie Priesmeyer.
Let us know where you like to bike on vacation on Facebook and Twitter! And be on the lookout for more Women Bike KC activities.