Eric believes bicycling and walking are the best ways see and experience our beautiful and dynamic city. He has been a bike commuter more than ten years, is a regular transit rider, and loves walking to the grocery store and other shops in his Midtown neighborhood. Eric has worked on many campaigns to give Kansas Citians better transportation choices, including Missouri River crossings, development code reform, transportation policy, and trail funding.
Eric serves on the Mid-America Regional Council’s Total Transportation Policy Committee, and was founding Chair of the KCMO Bicycle And Pedestrian Advisory Committee from 2008 to 2015. Eric has been recognized as Advocate of the Year by the Alliance for Biking and Walking and has received the regional leadership award from Mid-America Regional Council. He is active in Nonprofit Connect and has a Masters of Public Administration in nonprofit management from the Bloch School of Management at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Eric is a League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor, LCI #2515.
Eric in the news
- July 2016 – Kansas City Star: Life on Two Wheels Gets Easier, Gains Popularity
- May 2016 – KCUR 89.3: Ghost Bikes’ Spectral Presence a Reminder of the Hazards for Cyclists
- December 2015 – Kansas City Star: KC Joining “Bike Box” Trend for Cyclist Safety
- September 2015-The Pitch Names Rogers and Eric Bunch Best Activists
- July 2015 – Kansas City Star: Pedal Faster to Finish New Bike Lanes in KC
- July 2015 – KCUR 89.3: Crossing the Missouri River
- May 2015 – KCUR 89.3: Central Standard’s annual bicycle show
- August 2014 – KCUR 89.3: Up to Date with Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders on the Katy Trail extension into Kansas City
- August 2014 – KSHB-TV 41 Action News: Bike share expands to more neighborhoods
- December 2013 – WDAF-TV Fox 4: Google Fiber box installed in middle of sidewalk
- March 2013: Alliance for Biking and Walking: Advocate of the Year
- June 2013: Mid-America Regional Council 2013 Leadership Award