Eric develops and delivers our bicycling and walking curriculum at classes and clinics around the metro area. He serves on the Mid-America Regional Council’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee and Healthy Communities Wyandotte’s Infrastructure Action Team. Eric’s expertise is often featured at conferences and in talks like the Safe Routes to School National Conference, TEDxUMKC, Middle of the Map Forum, and more.
Eric previously worked at Bike Denver, where he helped developed Boulder’s school-based bike safety and skills curriculum; which has been adopted as a state-wide standard for all schools in Colorado. Eric got his start in bicycle education with PedNet in Columbia, Missouri and has Masters of Education from William Woods University in Fulton. He is a League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor, LCI #1948.
Eric in the news
- Feb. 2017 – WDAF-TV Fox 4: Plan to reconnect neighborhoods could eliminate north side of downtown loop
- Feb. 2017 – KCTV 5: City planners working on how to make KC bicycle-friendly
- Feb. 2017 – Streetsblog: Kansas City will take a serious look at removing downtown highway segment
- Feb. 2017 – Kansas City Star: Bond issue gives Kansas Citians chance to fix a hard problem: Miles of broken sidewalks
- Jan. 2017 – The Pitch: Grand Boulevard is anything but for cyclists – but bike advocates have a new voice
- Dec. 2016 – KCUR 89.3: Kansas City to rethink Bike Plan following harsh audit
- Nov. 2016 – Streetsblog: Kansas City Doesn’t Need New Roads – It Needs Sidewalks
- Oct. 2016 – 90.9 The Bridge: Walk to School Day
- Sept. 2016 – KCTV 5: City Officials Take More Steps to Accommodate Cyclists
- August 2016 – Kansas City Star: The Battle at 49th & Main: Should Stoplights Be Removed?
- March 2016 – WDAF-TV Fox 4: Midtown Cyclists Push for More Bike Lanes
- July 2015 – KSHB 41: Leeds Trafficway to Undergo a “Road Diet”
- March 2015 – KCUR 89.3: Long-Abandoned Railway to Connect KC to the Katy Trail
- August 2014 – WDAF-TV Fox 4: Kansas City to expand bike share program
- June 2014 – KCUR 89.3: A check-in on the state of bicycle infrastructure in Kansas City.
- February 2014 – The Pitch: Talk Shop.
- Sept. 2013 – KCUR 89.3: Is Kansas City Bike Friendly?
- TEDxUMKC: We swallowed a fly.
- Ink Magazine, August 2013: Five die-hard cyclists and why they ride.