This position is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Posted April 26th, 2019.
BikeWalkKC is hiring a part-time bookkeeper/accountant to support the administrative and financial needs of our growing nonprofit organization.
Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Reports to: Finance Manager
Located at: 1106 East 30th Street in Midtown Kansas City, MO
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Billing & Accounts Receivable:
Assist with the receivables collection process. Assist with preparation of supporting documentation for monthly grant reporting, including documentation of expenses for reimbursement grants. Ensure CRM payments are current with QuickBooks.
Assist with transaction processing of vendor invoices and credit card expenditures, including maintaining electronic and paper vendor files.
Assist with reconciliation of cash and other balance sheet accounts. Update supporting schedules and prepare journal entries as needed. Cross-train monthly duties for credit card apps required for bank recons.
General Office Management:
Receive and process incoming snail and email, including scanning and electronic filing of incoming documents, payments and contracts. Prepare and make bank deposits as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
The fully qualified candidate will have the following experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Familiarity with grant reporting and Not-for Profit Accounting Standards
- Experience with QuickBooks; CRM systems, tax filing and reconciliations
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Excel, Word & Adobe Pro.
- Strong interpersonal skills: outgoing, positive, energetic person with a fun and can-do attitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong personal initiative and deadline driven
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively with all employees of the organization
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Compensation and Schedule
This is a part-time, hourly position. We anticipate 10-15 hours per week at $15-$20 per hour, based on experience and qualifications. Scheduling is flexible and could include some remote work.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. This position was posted on April 26th, 2019 and is open until filled. We encourage interested candidates to apply promptly. No phone calls.
BikeWalkKC is the region’s professional advocacy and education organization. We are a growing team of passionate and hard-working advocates, educators, planners, and social entrepreneurs making Kansas City a better place to live, work, and play. Our culture is collaborative and supportive, encouraging risk-taking, excellence, and constant learning. You will work hard, have fun, and make an impact on the community.
Commitment to Equity and Diversity
BikeWalkKC has a commitment to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, employment, research, and activities. As such we strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.