Deadline: Open until filled. Posted on Sept. 17, 2019
Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Compensation: $13.15 per hour
Terms: 3-month appointment, minimum commitment of 20 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Bike Share and Business Services
Location: 1106 East 30th Street, Suite G, Kansas City, MO 64109 (with daily travel throughout the city)
BikeWalkKC is seeking part-time, temporary Operations Associates to support our new RideKC Bike electric-assist bike share and RideKC Scooter programs, a partnership with Drop Mobility and part of the RideKC family of regional transit providers. We are hiring the field operations team to help build this exciting first/last mile transportation system. Operations Associates are brand ambassadors, knowledge experts, our rebalancing team and the true lifeblood of our ecosystem. The main focus of an Operations Associate is to ensure that all of our bikes are appropriately parked and in good condition for users to ride.
- Monitoring e-bike and scooter locations around Kansas City;
- Ensuring that e-bikes and scooters are located at designated Hubs and are returned to the bike share coverage area on a daily basis;
- Reporting e-bikes and scooters in need of repair and bringing them to the appropriate repairs location, as well as performing light maintenance and repair duties;
- Being familiar with Drop software and hardware to troubleshoot immediate issues and questions from users about the service; and
- Promoting a healthy and safe active transportation community.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a smartphone with a minimum data plan (reimbursement available)
- Must have experience cycling in and around Kansas City
- Must have experience working in front-line customer service
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds of weight
- Must have a good driving record
- Experience with minor bike repairs and maintenance is preferred
- To excel in this role, you’ll need to be self-motivated, driven, keen on being part of an ambitious team of leaders and volunteers, and prepared to get a little sweaty during hot days
Background Check and Driving Record
Offers of employment are conditional on completion of a background check on criminal history and driving record. Any results relevant to this position will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Bike Share”. This job was posted on May 15th, 2019 and is open until filled.
No phone calls.
Because everyone wins! Biking is good for everyone – if just 1% of drivers switch to cycling, traffic can be reduced by up to 18%. Residents win because of affordable, accessible, and healthy transit options. Cities win because of reduced congestion, insights on transportation data, local jobs, and more. Our environment wins because of lower emissions.
BikeWalkKC is the region’s professional advocacy and education organization. We are a growing team of passionate and hard-working advocates, educators, planners, and social entrepreneurs making Kansas City a better place to live, work, and play. Our culture is collaborative and supportive, encouraging risk-taking, excellence, and constant learning. You will work hard, have fun, and make an impact on the community.
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity
BikeWalkKC has a commitment to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, employment as well as research and activities. As such we strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. Women and persons of color are highly encouraged to apply.