The Advisory Council is an informal group of stakeholders, supporters, and allies who are invested in BikeWalkKC’s mission and are willing to leverage their ideas, talents, and networks to increase our impact and effectiveness. The group does not meet regularly in person, but rather serves as a resource that the Board of Directors and executive staff can call on for occasional advice.
1. Advise the Board of Directors and executive staff on strategic issues including:
- Mission and vision
- Strategic planning
- Community partnerships
- Other issues within individual members’ professional expertise
2. Provide a venue to engage strategic stakeholders who are not able to commit to full board service but could still make significant contributions.
3. Cultivate future candidates for the Board of Directors.
4. Broaden the organization’s diversity of perspectives, knowledge, and capabilities.
5. Retain the institutional knowledge and experience of former board members, especially long-serving members who have reached term limits.
6. Engage former employees whose professional work is relevant and important to the organization.
Duties and Expectations
Receive occasional updates via Advisory Council mailing list
Be available “on-call” for occasional one-on-one requests for advice or input on strategic issues
Make introductions to BikeWalkKC to potential funders and partners within your network as relevant and appropriate
Attend one gathering per year to hear about important developments and plans, and to network with others on the Advisory Board, Board of Directors, and executive staff.
Advisory Council Members
American Jazz Museum, Director of Visitor Services
JE Dunn Construction, Vice President, Division General Counsel & Director of Insurance
Program Officer, Wyandotte Health Foundation
Vireo Landscape Architects, Principal
Hallmark Cards, Global Brand Licensing, Corporate Strategy and Development
Spokes Cafe & Cyclery, Managing Partner