Board of Directors
BikeWalkKC is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. They come from a diverse range of backgrounds and contribute greatly to BikeWalkKC’s success.
Doug Washington, Board Chair
Director of Recruiting Strategy at TriCom Technical Services
Amanda Grimes, Bike Share KC Chair
Teaching Assistant Professor at University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Nursing and Health Studies
Lesley Pories, Vice-Chair
Manager of Institutional Partnerships at Water.org
Paul Martin, Secretary
Director of Engineering at A. Zahner Co.
Steve Renz, Treasurer
First Vice-President and Senior Advisor at Merrill Lynch
- Lawrence Andre, The Why Inside
- Ryan Adams, CityScape Residential
- Ruth Anne French-Hodson, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, L.L.P.
- John Jespersen, Buttonwood Financial Group
- Molly Gosnell, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Malenda Shahane, UMB Bank
- Rick Usher, Assistant City Manager, Kansas City, MO
- Eric Rogers, Executive Director, BikeWalkKC
BikeWalkKC’s board and staff are supported by a new Advisory Council that convenes former board members, community leaders, and important stakeholders. The Advisory Council provides additional leadership to the organization and helps us ensure our diverse constituencies and stakeholders are represented in our governance and strategic planning.
- Tyler Henson, JE Dunn
- Randy Lopez, Wyandotte Health Foundation
- Andy Olson, Hallmark Cards
- Steve Rhoades, Vireo
- Barbara Thomas, American Jazz Museum
- Dan Walsh, Spokes Cafe & Cyclery
About Board Service
The board meets six times a year and via phone or email as needed. All members are expected to maintain current memberships in BikeWalkKC and Kansas City B-cycle, volunteer for at least one major event, and be an ambassador for the organization in the community.
Board terms last for two years. Elections are held in June, with half of the board seats elected each year. Board members may serve a maximum of three consecutive terms, and there is no limit on the cumulative number of terms served.
Join the Board
If you are interested in board service with BikeWalkKC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.