Our mission is to be the unified voice for active living, promoting a healthy, safe & accessible outdoor experience for all in a vibrant, engaged community.
BikeWalkKC is a member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to make Greater Kansas City a safer and more accessible place to walk, bicycle, live, work, and play.
Advocacy programs work with local cities to improve policies and build sidewalks, trails, crosswalks, bike lanes, and more.
- Complete KC: Our newest campaign to redesign our streets for people of all ages and abilities
- Safe Streets KC: Our successful campaign to pass an anti-harassment ordinance in KCMO
- Safe Routes to School: Our work to make it safer for kids to walk and bike to school. wp
Education programs give people the knowledge and skills to walk and to bicycle safely and confidently for transportation, recreation, and fitness.
- Youth Education: Our in-school program teaching kids bike safety and traffic skills.
- Adult Education: Our range of programs teaching adults confident cycling skills and planners better street design.
Events promote a culture change that puts biking and walking into people’s daily lives.
- Tour de Bier KC: A historic brewery ride throughout Kansas City with an end party at Knucklehead’s Saloon. Join us May 17, 2015.
- Tweed Ride: A vintage-inspired bicycle ride through the Historic Northeast. Join us Fall 2015.
- Women’s Summit: An annual educational summit providing encouragement and networking opportunities for female bicyclists in Kansas City. Join us May 2, 2015.
- Handlebar Happy Hour: A monthly gathering at a bar/restaurant to ride bikes and talk about neighborhood bicycling/walking concerns.
The bike sharing program give more people access to bicycles throughout Kansas City and gets more bikes on the streets.
BikeWalkKC operates Kansas City’s bike share system, Kansas City B-cycle. We are the only advocate-owned bike sharing system in the country.