Make a contribution by December 31st to get this limited edition t-shirt featuring a bike-inspired version of Norman Rockwell's famous "Kansas City Spirit" painting.
The original painting celebrates Kansas City's spirit of rolling up our sleeves, working, hard, and accomplishing big things. Which is what BikeWalkKC does with the support of our passionate members and dedicated volunteers.
This year you have rolled up your sleeves to help us make significant progress towards a better communitiy to walk, bike, and live:
- Launching a volunteer-built bike share program
- Safe Routes to School programs in schools across the region
- New bike lanes and trails all over the metro area
- Bike safety and skills training in local elementary schools
But we aren't stopping there. Coming up in 2013:
- A snow shovel campaign to keep sidewalks clear through the winter
- Preserving and enhancing the Trolley Track Trail
- More bike share stations
- Fighting for you in local City Halls
In addition to the coolest shirt in town, BikeWalkKC members receive great benefits like discounts at local businesses, early access to fun volunteer opportunities like New Belgium's Clips of Faith film and beer tour, and much more! Our newest member benefit is a 10% discount of food and soft drinks at the new Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
About the shirt
Local illustrator Shannon Michalski created this special design inspired by Norman Rockwell's famous "Spirit of Kansas City". The original work was commissioned by Hallmark founder Joyce Hall to celebrate the City's hard-fought recovery from the flood of 1951.